Bleu Restaurant & Lounge is looking forward to serving guests again in the near future! In the meantime, we’re happy to share healthy food recipes and cooking resources to help get you through the challenges brought on by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Read on to find ingredients and preparation instructions for one of our most popular dishes and easy to make at home – Caprese Salad with Balsamic Glaze!
Caprese Salad with Balsamic Glaze Recipie
- 3 to 4 medium ripe tomatoes (about 1 1/2 pounds), sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1 pound fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced into 1/4-inch-thick rounds
- 1/2 cup packed fresh basil leaves or fresh arugula
- Flaky sea salt or nice kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic glaze
- Place the tomatoes and mozzarella on a platter. Arrange tomatoes and mozzarella on a platter in an alternating pattern.
- Top with the basil leaves or peppery arugula. Scatter the basil or arugula leaves over the tomatoes and mozzarella.
Season with flaky salt and black pepper. Sprinkle with a generous pinch of flaky salt and several grinds of black pepper, to taste.
- Drizzle with the olive oil and balsamic glaze. Drizzle the olive oil and balsamic glaze over the tomatoes, mozzarella, and basil. Serve immediately.